BT NECK DOG - Rigid neck brace
RIGID NECK BRACE
The rigid neck brace prevents the dog from biting the part of the body that has undergone surgery. In this way it cannot remove the sutures or ingest medications which have been applied to the wound.
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
WHAT IS IT FOR?
BT Neck is an orthopaedic brace designed to help cats and dogs with problems with their cervical vertebrae, crushed vertebrae, neurological issues and hernias.
The compression offered by the brace ensures compression and traction of the neck, thus protecting it in case of injuries. It is also helpful in cases of obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
Its secondary purpose is that of a valid alternative to the Elizabethan collar (cone of shame), which keeps the dog from biting the part of the body affected by surgery. In this way, the dog cannot remove the stitches or ingest medicines applied to the wound, protecting the areas of the chest, the abdomen and the flanks and making it difficult to reach the areas around the front paws (elbow to shoulder). It also protects the perianal area which may have been involved in surgeries to remove anal glands, fistulas, etc.
Easier to put on and less restrictive than the Elizabethan collar (the dog can still eat and drink without restriction).
- Waterproof breathable fabric (in case of rain).
- The brace can be worn before and after surgery
- Excellent wearability.
- Hand washable.
HOW TO WEAR
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- The BT Neck collar is not suited for hounds and bulldogs. The long necks of the former do not allow the collar to stay in place, while the short, thick neck of the bulldog does not allow for proper fit.
- For proper use, it is essential that the collar be tightened securely around the neck, to keep it from turning.
- While wearing the rigid collar, the dog can be taken for walks using either the collar or a harness.
- Over a 24-hour period, remove the collar for 1 to 2 hours.
SIZES - HOW TO TAKE MEASURES
Available in six adjustable sizes. To determine the proper size, measure the circumference of the dog’s neck with a measuring tape (measure at the midpoint of the neck).
Size Neck circumference XXS
one size for all cats and dogs such as Chihuahuas or similar
XS 25 - 35 cm S 35 - 45 cm M 45 - 55 cm L 55 - 65 cm XL 65 - 75 cm